Friday Video: Flying To The Grand Canyon



I don't think I've mentioned it before here, but besides loving aviation photography, I'm also a private pilot. Today's video is a brief clip of me flying a C-172SP during my trip to Las Vegas. My wife was seated in the back and took the video.

We took off from North Las Vegas airport, flew over Nellis AFB (we saw F-16's taking off under us but the wife didn't get any shots of that...), and headed out to the Western edge of the Grand Canyon. In this video you'll see some of the interesting desert topography around Nevada and Arizona.

Here's an overview map of our flight route.

The airspace around Las Vegas is class B and is quite busy. The best news is that ATC routing took us over Nellis AFB, McCarran Airport, and then over the Las Vegas strip.

Have a great Friday!